Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fears

We all have things that we fear mine just happened to come true today.


It was around 3 oclock this afternoon when my phone rang. I ran to grab it, it was my mother. I could already tell that something was wrong, my mind immediately thought of either my dad or my grandpa who is not doing well. Little did I know it was the worst possible thing, Quinn has been injured in Afganistan. We were only told that he was in serious condition and that we would hear more later.

I immediatly hoped in my car and drove to my parents home, there we all sat and cried, praying that he would be alright. The unknown is so hard and time past by so slowly. We decided to have a family prayer, my mother gave it, it was such a great prayer about our concerns and how much we were desperate to know more of how he was.

The phone rang, we ended the prayer and answered it. It was Quinn, I still can't believe it, but I'm so thankful that they let him call us. He told us that he has shattered both of his heels, he has broken his arm and that his back has also been broken. He can wiggle his toes which is a good sign but he has many operations to come! He is currently in Aghanistan at a hospital in the ICU, they told us he is stable and sleeping. They think he will have surgery tomorrow but we don't know on what. We know his back has to have surgery before they will transport him to Germany. There were 2 other men in the vehicle with him when they hit an IED. He is the driver and the impact of the bomb throw him into the back of the vehicle. The hardest part about this is knowing he is so far away, that I can't just jump in the car and be able to sit by his bed while he recovers. I'm so thankful he is still alive but the pain of what he has to go through breaks my heart.

We will be lucky enough to get updates twice a day, I will keep everyone on here posted. I only ask that you continue to pray for his recovery, pray for his heels to be able to be put back together so he can walk again. Pray for his back to heal so he will be able to work and function. Pray for him to recover mentally and physical. It's gonna be a long road a head for him and  for all of us.

The best part was to hear his voice, although he was heavily medicated he told us he was fine. That he was going to be ok! I'm so thankful for the communication and technology that we have in these days so we can hear from him clear in the middle east!

Sorry to continue to blab on and on but this is a way for me to express my feelings!

More updates to come!!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm so sorry to Hear that, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family! Hugs!

Unknown said...

I was so shocked when Reggie called and told me. My thoughts instantly went towards your parents and all of you. I can't imagine how painful waiting to hear from him was. I am so glad he is alive and can be fixed!!! Love you guys!!!